Inkspots

Monday 2 February 2015

Shooting for the Stars

Hello there!
Today I'm going to talk about my dreams and aspirations. I have many goals in my life and these change all the time, but today I'm going to tell you what they currently are.

1. Become a Journalist
This is the big one. For the last couple of years, when someone asked me what I wanted to do after school, I would say a journalist. I really enjoy reading and when I went into secondary school and started writing essays for English, I realised I liked writing too. I was lucky enough to have one of my essays published in a book and that really gave me the drive to become a journalist in the future. Choosing this career scares me as I know it's a tight industry, but I'm really interested and of course I still have two years to make up my mind for sure, so there's no pressure (yet!). I'd like to do a blog post about choosing a career again as it's something everyone has to go through.

2. Travel the World
I know this is a dream that everyone has in some shape or form but I really, really want to travel. My main influence to go travelling is my auntie. She's a teacher so before she got married and had a baby, she used to spend her summers travelling the world with her friends, and she's told me some amazing stories. She's climbed Machu Pichu in Peru, was woken by elephants in a campsite in Nairobi and spent a summer working in an old style diner in New Jersey (one where you glide around on roller blades serving customers), and that's just to name a few. Whenever she talks about her travels, I just want to take off and go explore. Although I wouldn't say I'm the most adventurous, it's something I really want to do after college.

3. See All of My Favourite Artists Live
As you may already know from reading my previous posts, I love music, so before I die, I want to go to lots and lots of concerts. There's nothing better than seeing an act live. The buzz from them singing right in front of you is electrifying and I want to experience that as much as possible. I also really want to go to a festival soon. Good music, nice clothing and time spent with friends, all my favourite things put together. 

4. Get Married and Raise a Family
This one's a bit cheesy and embarrasing but it's true all the same. I like the idea of making a commitment to someone you love that you will be loyal to them and love them for the rest of your life. An everlasting promise between two people. Also raising a family with the person I love is something I'd really love to do. Being an only child, I think I'd like at least two kids, even though I love being an only child. But hey, that's years and years away so it's nothing to be thinking about in the near future!

5. Make Memories 
This is going to sound stupid but I want to make memories of the wild nights out and the spontaneous things I do. Being a 16 year old from rural Ireland, finding ways to go out on a Saturday night can be hard, so once college comes I'll be ready to have mad nights out with my bestest of friends (all legal of course). Stuff to make me look back and think, God that was crazy but so much fun.

So there you have it. Some of my dreams and aspirations to achieve in the future. Hope you liked this little snippet of what I'm hoping to do with my life.

Adios Amigos,
Inkspots



No comments:

Post a Comment