Inkspots

Wednesday 28 January 2015

January Blues

Hello there!
Today, I'm going to talk about something that I've been going through a lot lately: the January blues. It's really been effecting me this year, more than any year before and I really just want January to be done with.

The first half of the month was okay. I was on holidays and then we went back to school again, nothing out of the ordinary. It was midway through January when it really hit me. I had permission to be out of class because we're doing a project for Transition Year, but a lot of the time I either wanted to be in a normal classroom, or just go home back to bed. What I was doing wasn't exciting and something I'm not that interested in. I know your thinking I should be lucky to get out of class all day, and I did appreciate it for the first week, but after that, the project became tedious and I just did not want to be there.

As you may already know, I like my sleep, but this month I've just been tired all the time. Sleep hasn't been good enough, I haven't been able to sleep until two in the morning, then I have a nap in the afternoon. I felt like I needed to go into a a coma for a week to catch up with sleep. I started going to school late and not really giving a damn. I think my mam thinks there's something wrong with me!
                                 
To top it all off, our school was given the chance to go to RTÉ but only three students were allowed go, so as instructed I wrote a letter to my principal basically pleading to her to let me go, then what does she do only draw our the names out of a hat because it's "the fairest option". My pleas meant nothing. I went home that day feeling like absolute shit and I just cried. It wasn't even like the girls who got it are even interested in  journalism. Me and my friend have decided our school is corrupt. You may hear of a riot taking place in a rural school in Ireland yet, watch this space.

I know I'll be alright though. It's just something I've got into my head and I'm letting it run it's course. On February 1st, expect a new me with a fresh start and a plan to start the year right. I think it's something we all go through every once in a while and January seems to be the month that triggers it. I'm optimistic about February, I have a lot of great things planned with great people too.

I hope you didn't mind this type of a post. I know it's a bit of a downer but I just wanted to get it off my chest. Hope you enjoyed it anyway.

Adios amigos,
Inkspots



No comments:

Post a Comment