Inkspots

Tuesday 3 March 2015

The Best Concert of My Life

Hey there!
I have mixed emotions while writing this post. I'm am overwhelmed, sad, greatful and so so happy all in one. This is because two weeks ago I went to the best concert of my life (so far). Myself and my bestest friend went to see The Coronas in the 3 Arena, Dublin  and oh my goodness gracious was it good.
First of all, we got front row standing after queuing outside in the cold for an hour and a half. (Word of advice: don't wear toms to a concert in February. You may be close to losing a toe from the baltic conditions. Thankfully all of mine are still intact.) It was so amazing to be in the front row of a concert as it was my first time and to be quite honest, it is the best view in the house. To see my favourite band literally five meters away from me was something to take your breath away. The whole thing felt like a dream.

I kept having these moments when I swear Danny (lead singer) was looking straight at me. I know your thinking I was only imagining it, but I swear he was. It was like we were singing the song together in an intimate moment even though there were 14,000 other people in the room. I really felt a connection, like he already knew who I was or something.

Now as I type this it still doesn't seem real but here is the biggest thing that happened that night: We caught Danny's tambourine!!!! He was using it during one of the songs and at the end he threw it into the crowd and we caught it. There was this moment when myself and my friend looked at each other as if to say "is this real life?!?" I could have cried

Every song that was played was like an anthem that I needed to scream out at the top of my lungs. Their final song was "San Diego Song" and I swear every member of the crowd was screeching it out. It felt like we were one voice, singing the same song with a band we all loved. It was a moment to remember.

Here are a few pictures from the gig. (I didn't take them myself as I decided to take in the concert rather than document it on camera.)


The boys mid-song. You could see they were giving it their all.


Danny throwing us his tambourine (!!!)


Danny crowd surfing while singing 'Mark My Words'


One last picture before leaving the stage.

So that was it. The most amazing, magical night so far this year. Those guys work so hard at what they do and deserve every bit of credit they get. So if you haven't already, go check them out! Hope you enjoyed.

Adios amigos,
Inkspots
























1 comment:

  1. I had the biggest smile on my face while reading this!
    I'm so glad we got to share this memory together :)

    Nixie xx

    Nixie-Pixie | Fashion | Beauty | Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete