Inkspots

Thursday 22 January 2015

My Favourite Movies

Hello!
Today, I want to talk about my favoutite movies. The ones that make me laugh, cry, and feel all fuzzy inside. These movies are quite a mix although I would say my favourite are rom-coms and coming of age movies. So without further adieu, here are my all time favourite movies.

Mamma Mia- This one is at the very top of the list for two reasons, 1. I love ABBA songs, 2. I love the story. It's just a cute story and I can't help but fall in love with all the characters, especially Skye (swoon.) Some day I want to visit the place in Greece where it was filmed because it's just so beautiful. I'd say I've seen the movie more than ten times by now, I just watched it again the other day. I can't get enough of it!

Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging- This is another movie that I will never get fed up with. It's a good representation of a typical teen life which I love and it also includes the heart throb Robbie as the male lead, who is not too hard on the eye. I feel I can relate to Georgia,the female lead as she goes through the struggles of being a teenage girl with all its up and downs.

The Parent Trap- This movie is one from my childhood but one I still love to this day. The plot isn't very realistic but I don't care because the story just makes my heart melt. I love the idea that fate brought  you and your twin sister who you never knew you had together and I think that's the main reason I love this so much.

New York Minute- Another one from my childhood. Mary-Kate and Ashley were my idols growing up and I loved all their movies, especially this one. This was one of their last movies to film together so they're in their late teens. Mary-Kate's the badass and Ashley's the smart one. I love how even though their sisters, they're totally different and are forced to be together and solve their differences. A bit of a teenage rebel movie at heart. Much like myself.

The Hobbit Trilogy- Now I know you're thinking this is a bit unexpected, compared to the list so far, but I love a bit of fantasy. I'd read the book before seeing the movies and loved how this small hobbit from The Shire could overcome his doubts and go on this big adventure with the dwarfs and Gandalf. My only contradiction is that I think it could have been made into two movies. It did drag on a bit and was  a very long adventure by the end of the third movie.

Mean Girls- The ultimate chick flick. This movie is one I come back to all the time, simply because it's so funny. It has so many good one liners, (You go Glen Coco!) and in some ways does represent what a teenage school can be like.

P.S I Love You- I feel an instant connection to this movie simply because some of it is set in Ireland. Although Gerard Butler does not do a great Irish accent, I love how we get to live through this couple's life, even after Gerry's gone. A really good movie for any romantics out there.

Bridget Jones's Diary- Another classic rom-com. I love watching all the stupid things Bridget gets herself into and seeing how the love triangle between Daniel and Mark progresses. Although Hugh Grant is the badass who I know she shouldn't fall for, I can't help but falling for him a small bit myself. Is that so wrong?

Wild Child- Again, this is a great coming of age movie, in some ways similar to Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging, and including the very gorgeous Freddy Kingsley. Very funny in places but a sweet movie at heart. I don't think I'll ever get sick of it!

Love Actually- This movie is so cute. I love how it's all these small story lines all intertwined to form the message of the movie: love is all you need. It also features some great actors, again including Hugh Grant as the prime minister, who do their job to a tee.

Harry Potter Series- (Particularly The Deathly Hallows Part II) The best left 'til last. This is the ultimate viewing experience. It has everything, romance, tension,fighting and a brilliant speech from Neville at the end. (I may or may not know it off by heart...) Just the best movies ever, and if you haven't seen them yet, what are you doing with your life?!?

       


          

                        

So there you have it. All my favourite movies on the one page. It took a long think to narrow it down to these eleven so I hope I'm not forgetting anything important. Hope you enjoyed it!

Adios amigos,
Inkspots

             

No comments:

Post a Comment