I am a person who likes to reflect on things and think back to good memories. While it is still January, I'm going to talk about last year and why it was the best one on record for me.
At the start of 2014 I got a jar and labelled it "Things That Made Me Happy in 2014" Every time something significant made me happy, I would write it down on a piece of paper and put it in the jar.
By the end of the year I had accumulated 113 memories. It was a nice way to reminisce on the year gone by and I have already started a 2015 one. So today I thought I'd share some of them with you.
- Getting my first ever cousin was one of the absolute highlights of the year, from start to finish. I never knew what happiness a baby could bring to a family until now.
- Seeing so many of my favourite artists/bands, and ones I never thought I'd see was an amazing experience. During the year I saw One Direction, 5 Seconds of Summer, The Riptide Movement, Walking on Cars, The Coronas (twice) and the ginger God of music, Ed Sheeran.
- Going to discos with my friends. Although the discos aren't always great, my friends know how to make nights out memorable. (I'm talking the good, the bad and the ugly!)
- Conquering the beast that was the Junior Cert. That one was a bitch to go through but once we were done the feeling was bitter sweet.
- Going to London with my two aunts. It really gave me a desire to go back which I have no doubt will happen in the future.
- The Gaeltacht. Every day brought lasting memories there. Its my home away from home and I'm always longing to go back.
- Going to Spain with my mam. It wasn't the most adventurous holiday, but it was nice to have some relaxaton time, especially after the JC.
- Shopping and hanging out with friends. It's a guilty pleasure. No wonder I have no money!
- I pimped out my fish and made a song about it. (I know that doesn't sound too good but its not what you think.)
- I went to two weddings with my best friend this year. It was nice to get dressed up fancy and have great nights to remember with her, even though my dads dancing skills were not on point!
Here are a few cheeky photos that I took during the year:
This is my 'Happy Jar' for 2014, filled with all my memories inside.
One of two times I saw The Coronas in 2014. As you can see we got quite close to the stage.
Beautiful Big Ben, a picture I took while on the London Eye.
A sea of lights as Ed performs The A Team
So there it is! Just a few memories I have of 2014. Obviously I didn't include some things for privacy purposes, but the major ones are on this page. Hope you enjoyed this little year round up thing.